Exploiting Lending Opportunities in Services Sector
To enable participants to:
- Appreciate growing economic importance of services sector
- Identify new lending opportunities
- Adopt suitable credit appraisal framework for identification and mitigation of risks
- Work out effective follow-up and monitoring strategies
Program Coverage :
- Role of services sector in emerging economy
- Areas covered under services sector
- General lending approach – why traditional balance sheet based lending is not suitable?
- What is cash flow base lending?
- Projecting cash flows and debt servicing capacity
- Projecting cash flows for seasonal activities and contracting business
- Credit appraisal frame work for financing services sector – characteristic risk factors, strategies to mitigate, key financial parameters, typical financing needs, lending products, security aspects and follow up issues
- Financing specific areas – hotels, hospitals, travel agencies, tour operators, restaurants, retailers, mini/super markets, professional services, film/TV serials, etc. Any other areas of services sector may be added on specific request from the Bank.
- Exercises, case studies and sharing of international experience
Duration – 3 days
Target Group – Those working in corporate, mid-corporate and SME lending with about two years’ experience in lending. Those working in ‘credit risk management’ and ‘internal audit’ would also find the program useful.
Trainer: Dr. Satish Shinde